Second Osprey Chick !
Mama and Daddy busy
hunting and feeding.
A second chick has been photographed in the nest at Legare Farms. First flight expected mid July.
See our full post for more information and pictures.
Growing a New Johns Island
- Will Johns Island be able to maintain its traditional character while allowing reasonable development?
- Why has the Island always been a desirable place to live?
- What are the things that make this such a special place?
- How can we make these things economically sustainable?
- Who are the people who know how to do this?
See our full report, “Growing a New Johns Island“, including interviews with some of those who have worked tirelessly to make a new Johns Island work.
Legare Farms Spring Events
The Battle of Charleston Civil War reenactment at Legare Farms on the weekend of March 22 – 23 was a great success. Click the picture at right to participate in some of the action.